Thursday, March 02, 2006

All by myself...

I can cross this one off of my New Year's Resolutions:  I finally got up the nerve to do a solo at the end-of-session hafla last night.  The girls have been bugging me for TWO YEARS, at least, and I always chicken out.  My main issue was coming up with a choreography, and this week I was able to slap together a fairly simple dance to DeVotchKa's "Death by Blonde".  The look on Magdalene's face alone when she asked for soloists was worth the plethora of butterflies swarming my insides...she always asks me, even though she knows I'll decline.  When I answered 'yes' this time, I thought her jaw had come unhinged! J  And I wasn't too bad, if I do say so myself.  ;)  I need a little work on my stage presence and confidence, but the hardest part is over now...and I'm a happy little goddess indeed.