Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yeah Yeah Yeah, Ouch Ouch Ouch

My darling fiancé and I attended the much anticipated Yeah Yeah Yeahs show last night at Sokol.  The band was impressive, though I can't say the same for the two opening acts.  I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that I've sang better in my car.  

 

Even after my relatively late night (hey, I'm old now - midnight is late for a Tuesday!), I was up at 5 a.m. for boot camp.  We're halfway through Week 3 - 8 days to go!  I am very sore today.  Honestly, it's not as difficult as I thought it was going to be, but it's still a daily workout and consistency is the key, right?  My arms are very tender and my back is stiff, so I must be doing something right!  

 

Ooh, I found new music yesterday.  Well, new to me - I'm a little slow on the draw in that department sometimes.  We watched "Everything is Illuminated" Monday night - great movie!  I was looking for the soundtrack and came across one of the bands, Gogol Bordello.  They've toured with DeVotchka, one of my current favorites, so I downloaded one of their albums.  Gypsy punk - now there is some music fit for a happy little goddess...