Thursday, May 31, 2007

Not a morning person...

I have once again proven that I am not, and never will be, a morning person.  Not only am I grumpy and unpleasant, but I am completely uncoordinated and absent-minded.  This morning, I needed some clothes from the laundry room in our basement.  I slipped on some flip-flops (wouldn’t want to be barefoot on the cold cement floor) and ventured downstairs.  Then I finished dressing, poured some coffee and stumbled to my car.  Most of my 30-minute commute was spent thinking of breakfast and my new belly dance solo choreography; not once did I glance down at my feet.  It was not until I exited my car and headed into my place of work, that I realized I was still wearing the flip-flops.  SO not workplace appropriate!!!  The guys in my office laughed at my story, but I am going to have to spend the rest of the day hiding my feet or explaining my choice of footwear to passersby.