Thursday, September 27, 2007

Having my cake, and eating my words too

You know how in the opening sequence of the Simpsons, they always show Bart writing his daily transgressions on the chalkboard after school?  If I were Bart Simpson, my chalkboard would say:

“I will not tease ML for celebrating her birthday for 9 days. I will not tease ML for celebrating her birthday for 9 days.  I will not tease ML for celebrating her birthday for 9 days…”

My birthday was on the 12th.  The DH and I went out on the 8th to celebrate.  Today is the 27th and I’m going out tonight with my MIL to celebrate again.  My parent brought my gift up this past weekend, I received a gift from a friend in the mail on Tuesday, and last night another friend brought me a cake and a gift to the hafla!  Yeah, I’d say I’m well past the 9 day mark…I’m going on 20 days.  Sorry, ML – I’ll kept my mouth shut from now on! ;)