Saturday, October 13, 2007

Being thankful for the bad times...

Yes, I'm blogging on a Saturday night. Sad, I know. :) I am actually getting ready to go out; the DH and I are heading to ML's Omaha Roller Girl bout in a few minutes...but it was such a rough day, I thought I'd relieve myself, bloggily speaking.
The plan today was to drive to Lincoln with ML for the Nebraska-Oklahoma State game, while the DH spent the afternoon recording some tracks with his band. What I actually ended up doing was spending the morning and early afternoon in the ER while the DH's blood sugar returned to a normal state. I'm not complaining - I'm perfectly happy to be with him anytime, anywhere, in sickness and in health - that's what marriage is, right? It was just so frustrating and heartbreaking to have to call paramedics - being helpless while your loved one is in pain is the most horrible feeling ever. Thankfully, everything is fine. As much as I hate days like this, it reminds me how fragile we are in the grand scheme of things, and how grateful I am that I have someone I love so much - who would do the same for me if things were reversed. Sometimes we need these reminders to make us appreciate the good days all that much more...
We had a relatively pleasant rest of the day - ate some lunch, bought some new running shoes, took a nap...then got up to make an awesome dinner of mostly organic spaghetti squash (I added non-organic pesto) and all organic mozzarella and tomato salad...mmm...

Looking forward to being not-too-excited tomorrow. It's Super Diva Sunday, and the DH has band practice, and hopefully all goes according to plan this time...