Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Money is no object

Well, of course that’s not true, but at least it’s no longer the obstacle keeping me from getting my teeth fixed.  The DH found out that his insurance doesn’t cover orthodontics (mine does), but we can use his FSA to pay for the first 6 months of treatment, then use my FSA for the rest (my FSA doesn’t kick until July).  So, now that the money question is answered, I’m just waiting to meet with the surgeon.  Of course, paying for the surgery is an entirely different story!

 

The DH finally got to record last night – he laid down his drum tracks and the bass player did his as well.  Hopefully it turns out as well as they think it will.  I’m really excited to hear some of their music! 

 

Last night I spent my evening sewing, as usual.  I fixed the pinstripe vest that goes with my Belly Dance Business Suit – it gaped in the back.  No more!  I need to come up with a new choreography for the next hafla so I can show it off right.  

I also sewed some prototypes for these reusable shopping bags ML convinced her friend I could make.  We’ll see… J

 

Tonight is another night off, kind of.  No outside obligations, except stopping by the Omaha Marathon Volunteer Appreciation Night gathering after work, and then grocery and Halloween costume shopping with the DH.  I am totally against buying Halloween costumes, but maybe we’ll come up with some decent ideas while looking around.  I’m having “costume block” this week and we’re running out of time.

The rest of the week will be busier, for sure – tomorrow I’m helping demonstrate helmet safety at a Jr. League HIP Kids Family Night, and Friday ML and I are handing out CFLs with the Sierra Club at a home and garden show.  Good times…