Monday, February 11, 2008

With Love...

ML and I braved the frigid Omaha evening to see “From Shelterbelt With Love 7” at the Shelterbelt Theatre last night…  It was one of the better FSWL I’ve seen (this is the 3rd or 4th year I’ve gone…)  This production is typically a collection of short one-act scenes centered around a theme (love, of course).  As always the acting was superb and the house was packed.  Some of my favorite skits included one about a married couple that only spoke in one-word increments – and yet they still managed to have deep and meaningful conversation…  In another, a man who had broken off his engagement calls his ex-fiancé to convince her to forgive him.  He tells her he’s on a plane that is about to crash and only has minutes to live…then she realizes he’s standing outside her window.  Ah, love – it makes you do crazy things, huh? J

 

The rest of my weekend was typical-busy.  Friday night I got in a quick jog after work, then rushed to meet the girls for dress rehearsal.  We performed Saturday night at the Creighton International Banquet.  It is very different to belly dance in front of an international audience – especially the Middle Eastern folks – they don’t react the same way as the typical white-bread Americans.  Different and scary, but still fun. 

 

After the banquet, the DH and I went to The Waiting Room to see a couple of bands with his band mates.  If you’ve never seen Straight Out of Junior High perform live, I highly recommend it – they are hilarious.  The other bands were OK, but the smoke started to get to me…and I was supposed to run in a race Sunday morning…  fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), when we got to the race on Sunday, the race had been postponed due to the wind chill.  While I was happy to not have to run in the below-zero temps, and to have free Blimplie’s, I wish they would have posted this announcement on the website, or emailed/called the participants before we drove 30 minutes to the race!  Oh, well…  Hopefully next weekend it won’t be so frigid…