Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shivering for the camera.



Thanks to ML for sending me that pic. Don't we look happy? No? :) Probably 'cause we just hiked up a very steep hill. Sunday morning, the DH, my dad, and I picked up ML and headed to the Mt. Crescent ski slopes (well, it's as close to a ski slope as Iowa is going to get) for the 16th Annual Bagel and Beer Run. The race is sheer torture, but there are bagels, beer, and chili afterward, and you get a nifty "I'm a Drinker with a Running Problem" shirt, too. My ankles are killing me - running downhill is just as bad as up - and I was pretty sore yesterday, but it was still fun! :)

To add insult to possible injury, the race day dawned COLD. Actually, the whole weekend was like that - Saturday's Husker game was both cold and windy, so I guess we should be grateful that the breeze had died down by Sunday morning. Nonetheless, I had two layers on the bottom and 3 on top, and regretted not adding more. There were some completely insane folks in shorts. I hope they survived.

Thoroughly enjoying my gov'ment holiday today. Off to find the components for "low-carb eggnog" as I have somehow been roped into making for the DH. Must be love.