Monday, February 20, 2006

A Day Off

Today is Presidents' Day, which seems to be not only a day off from work, but a day off from everything. I feel truly unmotivated to exercise today, so I'm not going to.

We ran another race yesterday. 'We' being my fiance, Lowell, and I. This race has made me feel almost...guilty. We were given the choice of a 2 mile 'fun-run' or the actual prizes-to-be-won 8k race. I chose the 2 mile, while Lowell ran the whole 8000 meters. Why do I feel bad about this? I shouldn't. I haven't run more than 3 miles since I started jogging again in December. 5 miles would have killed me. Plus, I did reasonably well during the 2 mile - took another minute off of my time (17:24 this week), and my knee is hurting for some unknown reason. But I guess I feel like a slacker. I shouldn't feel bad, I know - I'll work up to longer races in the next few months - I'm right on schedule with my goals.

I'll get back into my routine tomorrow - Tuesday is yoga day - the perfect start to a week for a happy little goddess...