Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oops! Not such a perfect fit now...

The wedding is nine days away...this is not a good time for catastrophic events (which every bride knows is any and every problem no matter how big or small).  So, I went to pick up my wedding dress last night.  I dropped if off a couple of months ago to be altered.  It was far too long, so it was hemmed up several inches.  I tried it on and the length is now perfect.  However, it is quite loose around the bust and waist.  Oops.  Guess I lost a little bit of weight.  This wouldn't be an issue of course, if I hadn't waited until the week before the wedding to have my second fitting!  The dress shop informed me that they are also 6 weeks behind in the alteration schedule...but they would be able to fix it for me by next week.  Phew.  At least now I know my weeks of boot camp were worth the money!