Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Happy Holidays

OK, I know it’s only December 5 – Christmas is weeks away, Hanukkah doesn’t start for 10 days, even the Winter Solstice is at least 2 weeks out – but I’m in the holiday spirit.  I’m ahead in not only my cheer but also in my shopping and mailing, for once.  Our presents have all been purchased and the holiday cards were mailed this morning.  The tree and other décor have been up for a week, although the outside of the house is still a work in progress – I’ve been stringing lights around the porch as the weather permits.  Hopefully I’ll finish tonight that project up tonight as the temperature is supposed to climb into the 40s this afternoon.  A broken bulb stopped me cold last night… But some are up, so we are no longer the dark house in the neighborhood.  Maybe I’ll bake some cookies tonight…feeling very much the happy little domestic goddess…