With that thought in mind, I'll focus on things that I CAN commit to:
Aimee's 2007 New Year's Resolutions:
- Dance every day - obviously this should be a full practice session, but even just around the kitchen will work. I resolve to
- Do what feels good - with regards to what I feed myself and how I move. Junk food tastes good, but if I feel sick afterwards, what good am I doing myself? I resolve to think before I eat! This also applies to exercise. I love how I feel after a good cardio class or treadmill session - I will remember this when I'm tempted just to slump in front of my desk and skip the gym.
- Show the love - to my friends and family, and especially to my new husband. So often, I'm cranky and crabby, and I'm afraid this shows in my interactions with the people I love the most. This is unfair to them, and to myself.
- Stop the insanity! - with regards to my extra-curricular activities. I commit to not over-committing...if that makes any sense. :) I've taken on enough activities this past year, all of which I love dearly. I shall not add another time-intensive commitment and will instead focus my energies on the activities I am already passionate about - belly dancing, Jr. League, running, continuing education pursuits, and of course my marriage.
- Relax - this ties into #2, with taking care of myself, but I will find time for me - do read, sleep, do yoga, paint my toenails, whatever - on a regular basis.