Yeah, so I’m not doing all that well on the New Year’s Resolutions, but we’re only 11 days into the year, right? How am I doing? Let’s see:
1) Dance every day – it’s been about every other day, but Sunday rehearsals have recommenced this week, as well as Wednesday night classes, plus I signed up for an 6 week tribal basics class on Thursdays, so even if I slack at home, there is 3 days a week I’ll be dancing.
2) Do what feels good – I have NOT been following this. I’ve been eating junk all week – poptarts, cookies, candy bars, etc. Even a couple of full-calorie pops. Uck. No wonder I DON”T feel good! I should know better – I feel awesome after a big glass of water and some healthy veggies, but like a rock (a fat, squishy rock) after the cookies – so what’s wrong with me???
3) Show the love – I’ve been trying to do this with the friends, but have struggled with the hubbie – I’ll blame it on the “week before” this week, but I feel like I’m nitpicking him more than usual (although it could be that he’s being more annoying than usual!!)
4) Doing pretty well on this one – have pretty much only done belly dance and Lowell’s band-related things so far this year – all of my other activities have revolved around being at home – making sushi, cross-stitching naughty phrases, surfing the web, etc.
5) Relax – as mentioned above – I’ve started a couple of for-me hobbies – cross-stitching (made my expecting sister a bib that says “Babies Suck.”), making sushi, etc; plus I have beautifully painted toenails… J
So not a great start, but not bad…I’ll get there – it’s only January!