Friday, March 16, 2007

mushy gushy emotional junk

Man, I am having some issues this week.  Having a very hard time keeping the waterworks in check.  I was finishing the book “It’s a Long Road to a Tomato” last night (essay from an organic farmer in New York State – I highly recommend it), and had reached the part where the farmer’s faithful mutt gets run over by the tractor and dies. Ryker was sitting by me, whining ‘cause I wasn’t sharing my dinner, and I looked at him and just lost it.  Tears streaming down my face and splashing on the pages of the book.  I can’t imagine losing my dog, or any of my loved ones; it’s such a heartbreaking thought that they won’t always be with me.  

And today, “Ask Annie” printed “A Dog’s Plea” for a man who recently lost his dog.  Same effect.  Man, I better get myself under control.  I’m not usually so weepy, but let me read anything about fathers or dogs and I just fall to pieces.

http://www.dogstop.com/heart/dogplea.htm