Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Snowed in... Well, at least I WAS snowed in...



I wrote the below post Friday, but apparently it got stuck in the snow, too, and bounced back to me. Huh.

From Friday, March 2, 2007:

Omaha was hit with the worst blizzard we've seen in well over a decade yesterday...and the rest of the country didn't fare any better, with the  destruction ranging from snow storms to tornadoes.  Fortunately working at the weather agency, I had early warning about the hazardous conditions and took some work home with me Wednesday evening.  I was able to get in half a day yesterday before I decided that I may as well enjoy the snow day.  Now I'm in Day 2 of my snow-in - my husband has decided that it would best for me not to drive.  I'm not so sure this is for my own good as much as everyone else's...I'm a horrible winter driver!  But the road conditions are brutal from what I hear - in addition to the snow-packed and icy roadways, there are wind gusts over 40 mph.  Yikes!  I'm perfectly happy to stay in and be warm...