Sunday, July 08, 2007

Mmmm...local brunch!

I was going to post a photo of my absolutely divine local meal this morning, but alas my camera is in my glovebox in my car, parked in front of a bar across town. :)
I'm not usually much of a breakfast person, preferring some oatmeal and coffee on a typical morning.  But this morning, as I chopped veggies for tonight's ratatouille, a veggie-egg scramble started to sound pretty darn good.  I sautéed some onions and garlic, tossed in some eggplant, zucchini, and green pepper (the last two fresh from my garden), stirred in some farmers market eggs, and finally added some tomatoes, scrambling everything into a fluffy, multi-colored mess that was just delicious.  With sides of local bacon and honey-wheat bread with butter and Grandma's chokecherry jelly, it was the best meal I've had in a long while.  Of course, the DH's plain eggs topped with low-carb ketchup weren't quite so appealing, so he was eating off my plate as well...  Good thing I have a small appetite!