Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wardrobe Refashion 2007

Tomorrow begins my 2 month commitment to Wardrobe Refashion 2007, a pledge not to buy any new clothes, but only to refashion “previously loved” items or make clothing myself.  Here is my pledge:

 

The Pledge

I, Ananda Devika, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 / 4 / 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, and recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!

 

Since I’ve been doing this for a little while, this shouldn’t be too much of a challenge – perhaps more of a motivational tactic…