Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Local winos

The DH often calls me a “Wine Snob”.  I consider this a compliment.  There is nothing like a good vino buzz!  Most folks done think of Nebraska as wine country, but there are actually a lot of local vineyards.  The DH and I even got married at one last summer, Soaring Wings in Springfield, NE.  The Omaha World Herald today printed a list of local wineries.  Here are just a few – these are ones I’ve visited or at least had their wine:

v      Soaring Wings Vineyard, Springfield, NE

v      James Arthur Vineyards, Raymond, NE

v      Cedar Hills Vineyards and Gardens, Ravenna, NE

v      Mac’s Creek Vineyards and Winery, Lexington NE

v      Superior Estates Winery, Superior, NE

v      Whiskey Run Creek Vineyard and Winery, Brownville, NE

ML and I volunteered to help with the final grape harvest of the season at Soaring Wings.  The experience comes with lunch and a free bottle of vino.  I’m just hoping the first frost doesn’t fall on a football Saturday!