Friday, October 26, 2007

more, more, more

Yes, I am a little bloggin' fiend today, but I skipped the last couple o' days and am now shaking a bit. :) Plus I finally took some pics of my scarf pumpkins and wanted to share. My what? Well, a few days ago, a girl on Wardrobe Refashion shared these little stuffed pumpkins she made from some old shirts and sweater. I thought, hey! I can do that! I took these scarves, purchased years ago at a thrift store...


...and some leftover green velvet, sewed 'em up, and stuffed them with batting from an old comforter the washing machine destroyed, and voila! Pumpkins. Kind of. I've only done these two, 'cause I get easily distracted, but I've still got plenty of fabric and a ton of stuffing, so a few more will appear when I get a spare moment...

I did forget to snap a pic of these awesome army men earrings I bought from the co-op this week. They are so cute! Recycled little green army men toys, made into earrings. Probably not work-appropriate. :) Last night I helped out at the co-op pickup again. Being my second time, I am now a "pro" and got to handle the cash box as well as run orders. I didn't order nearly as much as the first time, but this is a special order period in between the normal monthly orders - I'll buy a lot more in November I'm sure (we're hosting Thanksgiving). I stuck with mainly produce this time - beets, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, mesclan salad mix, and a few summer squash. Ooh, and eggs! I got blue and green Araucana chicken eggs. :)
After the co-op, I met up with ML at an "evils of factory farms" lecture hosted by the Sierra Club and Raven's Haven. A very very informative talk was presented by some very passionate local organic farmers and anti-CAFO activists, and we got to watch this cute little video. I felt a little ill afterwards...I think I am pretty much done with conventially-raised meat, at least at home. We shall see - I didn't do so well with the chocolate...