Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

I overslept this morning, as usual.  As I rushed about cursing my lateness, the DH reminded me that Thanksgiving is nigh and I should be thankful that I have a job with such flexible hours!  (I don’t “have” to be there at a set hour every morning, but I like to get there early so I can leave early.)  But as I drove ever so slightly over the speed limit on my way to work, I started to think about all the other things I have to give thanks for…a nice house, a running car, clean water and good food, a cuddly puppy, good friends, a loving family, great in-laws, and of course, my dear sweet husband who is forever surprising me with how dear and sweet he can be… J

 

The DH and are hosting Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and I’m excited!  I’m starting to get a wee bit nervous about the turkey – I’ve never made one on my own before and my mother won’t be here in time to help.  Tonight I’m going to get as much done as I can – bake the pumpkin pie, chop all the veggies, toast the bread cubes for the stuffing, set up the tables and chairs, locate and wash/dry/iron the tablecloths and placemats, ensure that my glasses are spot-free.  I’m going all out - we are using cloth napkins, even! J  My other big concern (besides the turkey) is that we will end up with a too-high pie-to-guest ratio.  Ahem.

 

Happy Thanksgiving, all!