Friday, January 04, 2008

In High Refashion

ML and I stopped into the new Urban Outfitters Wednesday night after seeing “For the Bible Tells Me So” at Film Streams.  (I won’t dole out my immense praise of this film, but ML wrote some awesome commentary about the movie - check it out).  Anyways, while perusing the merchandise at UO, it occurred to me that I am sewing and refashioning clothing that looks an awful lot like what they are selling there.  Conclusion:  I must be cool! J  They do have some terrific clothing at that store, but even if I didn’t have 3 months left on my current Wardrobe Refashion pledge, I wouldn’t be spending that kind of money on clothes anymore – though I’d be sorely tempted. J  However, knowing that I can make most of that stuff buoys my spirits…which have been in the mud since I broke a thread on my new serger and haven’t been able to use it after the first t-shirt.  I’m actually wearing that t-shirt right now – and I’ve been able to wear my “own” clothing all week, which is a great feeling.  Oh, this?  I made it.