Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just me, quirks and all...

~summer~ tagged me for the “Six Quirky Things MEME.” Oh, gee, let's see... this probably a really not-smart thing to do when I'm feeling all under-the-weather, but oh well...
(Update: yeah, this has been sitting in my "Draft" folder for like 2 weeks now...damn cold!)

The rules are:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. 4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. 5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

So, on to the important stuff - me:
1. I don't know what milk tastes like. I haven't had a glass of milk since I was like, 7, and decided that I hated milk. The one time I tried it since then (around 9 or so) I threw up. I do actually use milk in recipes or on cereal, but I have no idea what it tastes like on it's own.
2. I always put my left shoe on first. No real reason I suppose... It drives me nuts when I try on shoes at a store and they hand you the right shoe. Grrr...
3. In spite of being able to distinguish my left foot from my right foot for the purpose above, I constantly mix up the two directions. I'm left-handed (for writing mainly), so for some reason, "right" seems like it should be the direction of my dominant hand! I haven't had too many mishaps due to this (knock on wood). Also, despite writing left-handed, I throw right-handed. Weird.
4. I was student council president of my high school. Me, the girl that freaks out in public speaking situations. There was no vote - the principal asked who was interested, so the captain of the football team and I flipped for it. I won. Yes, it was an extremely small school!
5. I grew up in a rural area, but I'm afraid of horses. My grandfather "bought" me a horse when I was five (well, I asked for one, so he borrowed one for my birthday), but I got on it...and got right back off. Haven't been on one since.
6. I have craft ADD - I start on a new project, get distracted, start something else...and so on. I am currently knitting, and crocheting, and sewing, and stitching...I have so many WIPs that I could take 5 weeks off from work and still never finish all of them.

OK, now to tag some folks...this is only quasi-random, as I searched for new faces based on my interests. :)
SideShowMom, TJ, CV, Susan Faye, L7, and Ashley.