Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's true, I'm an idiot

I was so careful.  And yet it still happened.  :P  Figures....

Diva Soma danced at Benson Days today.  I though - hey, what a perfect time to rehearse my solos for the wedding Kamaria and I are dancing at tonight!  So, knowing that it would be hot, I brought water.  Knowing that it would be sunny, I brought sunscreen. I even remembered to put it on.  Did it even occur to me that the surface we were going to dance on would be 5000 degrees???  Nope.  I wore my flip flops for the first few group dances, thinking I'd avoid stepping on anything icky before my solos.  I didn't get a solo in until about 1:15-ish.  I slipped off my shoes.  I stepped into the dance area.  I promptly burnt the crap out of my pedicure-smoothed (and thus defenseless) feet.  Holy freakin' hell, it was hot.  I finished one dance, but I'm not exactly sure what I did - it wasn't my choreography.  It was so hot, all I could think to do was not rest in one place for too long.  :(  After that, even dancing in shoes was no use.  A bath to remove all the Maple Street grime revealed a couple of nice big blisters on the balls of my feet.  Gee, dancing for 90 minutes at a wedding tonight is going to be FUN.  Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Oh, well.  I'm sure the wedding guest will confuse my tears of painful dancing agony as tears of joy for the happy bride and groom. :)

Last night the DH and I went down to the opening ceremonies for the College World Series.  Ate some junk food, watched a free performance by Candlebox...then skipped the fireworks to avoid the traffic.  Good times...almost made me wish I liked baseball!