Um, yeah, so another busy weekend...but did I get anything done? Of course not. :) Other than picking up my library books, grabbing the CSA share and other Farmers Market goodies, running the Corporate Cup, dance practice, and doing a ton of laundry, not a whole lot got crossed off my "have-to" list. I kept getting sidetracked with other tasks that became instantly more urgent - the bachelorette party, gift for bachelorette party, a phone call from a panicky sibling struggling with her statistics test, realizing I needed to bring treats for my Monday night JLO committee meeting...such is life. As for the "want-to's", nothing much got done there either. I did:
· Made a quiche with the leftover bacon in the fridge
· Got a start on my Husker dress for the Virginia Tech match-up; it's cut out and the initial stay-stitching and pleats for the top are done.
· Almost finished the fleece jacket - I still need to cover some buttons, then sew those on, plus some minor hemming.
· The okra was bad, so that plan was scrapped. However, I did make some sweet potato fries and mixed up a couple of huge batches of Chex Mix for a meeting tonight - one BBQ and one Cherry Malted. Chex has some great recipes on their website, if you are so munchily-inclined.
• Read a little - didn't finish or return any books to the library, just picked up more...
So, now the list for this week is even longer...
I have to:
· Finish my network security homework
· Call the rest of my volunteer recruitment list
· Vacuum the house
· Use or preserve all the veggies from the CSA/FM - cabbage, sweet potatoes, fingerlings, carrots, swiss chard, onions, tomatoes, salad mix, cantaloupe, cucumbers, spaghetti and butternut squashes, summer squash, peppers - sweet, hot, and some roasting peppers, etc. I see another quiche in my future, plus some soup, coleslaw, and perhaps a Mexican dish with the tomatoes and hot peppers...
· Go to meetings...JLO My Closet tonight, JLO Publications tentatively on Wed night.
· Work a My Closet shift
· Pick up my co-op purchase
· Wander out to the garden and see if there is anything to harvest
· Construct and a mail a costume to a friend
I want to:
· Finish the fleece jacket
· Finish the Husker dress
· Read at least 2 of my books in their entirety
· Choreograph my solo
· Come up with a list of songs for future group dances
· Work on some jewelry projects
· Work on some costume ideas
Oh, and eat, sleep, and go to work. Plus I’m sure my husband would like to see me at some point. J
Naturally, this isn’t everything, but I’d hate to take on more than I can handle…yeah, right! J