Sunday, December 14, 2008

yucky, icky, miserable sickness

I have been home sick for the past 3 days...this is highly unusual for me.  I don't generally get ill, and when I am a little under the weather, I usually ignore it and go to work anyway - what's the point of a sick day if you're too sick to do anything?  Might as well be at work, right? So when my slightly sore throat from Tuesday became a very scratchy cough on Wednesday and then turned into body aches on Thursday, the DH insisted I stay home on Friday.  And I've pretty much been here ever since.  By now the sore throat has mostly dissipated and I've moved on to the fun of drainage.  Ugh!  How gross!  Fortunately, I've got the best husband in the world, and he's kept me well-fed and well-medicated all weekend...and the best small furry dog, who insists on cuddling with me to keep me warm...