Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All things must come to an end. Or, it's time for a change.

Take your pick.  It’s been a rough couple of weeks.  After 5 ½ years with in the Diva Soma dance troupe, I’ve taken my leave.  I’m not alone; many of the other “Divas”, or whatever we’re going to call ourselves now, have also parted ways with the troupe.  It’s sad.  These women are more than friends to me after all these years, and I hope that we continue to dance and have fun together.  Belly dance and the wonderful community that comes with it have gotten me through some hard times, as well as helping me to celebrate the good times. 

 

But enough with the past…the future is waiting and far more exciting.  I’m not done dancing, not by a long shot.  In fact, a group is getting together this weekend to learn some new moves, plus I’m planning on THREE workshops in April.  My abs hurt just thinking about it! J  Whatever I end up doing, it feels like some of the stress of late has been removed and dancing just sounds FUN again.