Wednesday, May 13, 2009

accepted

I received my official acceptance letter to the University of Missouri Graduate program this week, so phew, I'm in.  Not that I was worried, but...  You never know.  I generally just figure I can do anything, so one of these days, I'm sure I'll be unpleasantly surprised. :)  Hopefully not anytime soon.  Huh, I sound smug.  Oh, well.

Going a bit stir-crazy.  I've been home for 6 days now (well, 5 if you don't count the day in the hospital), and haven't done squat.  Today has been a bit more active - helped the hubby fix the gate on our fence, weeded my veggie garden, started some laundry.  Can't tell if the exhaustion I'm feeling right now is the result of exertion or lack of calories.  The DH says I've lost some weight already but I don't see it.  And I bet the scale wouldn't see it either - the weight has probably just shifted to my fat face.

I miss dancing.  I miss eating.  I miss smiling.  Not really missing work at all yet...doubt that will set in.  But still - I really dislike this break from life.  Obviously, I'm not missing whining, huh?  :P  I'll stop.  Need to clean up a room, or make something, or read, or prepare for my summer class that starts this weekend...