Sunday, May 03, 2009

School's out!

I finished my first semester of library school today!  Woo-hoo!  Now a two week break before my summer class starts...  I got a letter in the mail week before last saying that I have been "recommended for admission" but that the official decision hadn't been handed down yet...  Pretty sure that means I'm in though. :) 
In other exciting news, I'm days away from being put under anesthesia and having my face sawed apart.  Fun!  My jaw surgery is Thursday, so I'm trying to wrap up as much work-wise, dance-wise, home/garden-wise and volunteer-wise as I can before then.  Tonight I'm going to set up my "command center" on the nightstand - move a power strip so I can have my laptop and cd player close by, stack my books and projects within reach, and see if we need more pillows.  I put a bunch of audio books on reserve at the library, so those will be picked up tomorrow night, including another David Sedaris... I bet my dear sweet husband will be thrilled!  (Last week before Ha Ha Tonka! I made him and my brother listed to part of "When You Are Engulfed In Flames" and I thought they were going to hurt me...but it's so funny!)
Better get moving - going to dance for a bit...while I still can.