Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sick Day

Ugh. This morning I woke up with a sore throat. This is rare for me; I had my tonsils out at 18, and after 3 WEEKS of bed rest and gallons of pudding (I figured it was better to ruin pudding for myself than ice cream), I have been relatively sore throat-free for the past 11 years. My DH assures me that it's post-nasal drip and has stuffed me full of antihistamines, which despite being of the non-nondrowsy variety, are not helping me get back to sleep. I need to rest, but have seemed to have inherited this inability to be totally unproductive on a non-work day.... We'll see. Maybe I can just pop in a dvd and pretend that I'm doing something useful...

In the meanwhile, here are a couple of things I've been doing on days I was not sick:

Trying my hand at homemade bread (from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day cookbook).



It wasn't pretty, but it sure tasted good!



Making a new collar for Ryker. Hawaiian print - he wasn't nearly as impressed as I was.



And of course, taking workshops with Rania, our favorite Bellydance Superstar. This was the first workshop our new troupe put on, and it was a smashing success!