Monday, May 22, 2006

Ouch, my fascia!!!

I made it through my very first 10K this weekend and my time wasn't too shabby either, if I do say so.  Lowell and I ran in the Bellevue Barnburner, which would have been better named "The Longest Uphill Run We've Ever Done".  It was brutal - we ran up hills just to get to steeper hills, and when we got to the top of the sharpest incline, we turned a corner to find...more hills!  But we finished, collected our t-shirts and doughnuts and went home.  I spend the rest of the afternoon shopping with my mother and noticing a steadily growing pain in my heels.  I had developed a case of Plantar Fasciitis, a not-so-fun inflammation of the tissue connecting my heel bones to my toes.  By the time the evening rolled around, I could barely walk.  Fortunately, most of the pain subsided enough that I could run in my second race of the weekend, the Sundae Sunday 5K.  It hurt, but the thought of the ice cream waiting at the finish line got me through.  Today, however, I am taking the day off!  We are getting our engagement pictures taken tonight, and for that I need to be a happy and well-rested little goddess...