Monday, May 29, 2006

Point and Shoot

What's the deal with wedding registries? Lowell and I went out to the stores to do our gift registries this weekend. We spent all day, pointing the little price guns at various items at Younkers, Target and Sears, amassing quite a selection of fine gifts for our friends and family to purchase, should they desire. Later that day, at his parent's house, his mother asked what we "really wanted". This seems to be a common theme. Everyone insists that you register, but then they don't seem to want to look at the registry; they just want you to tell them what to get you. ??? My mom has done this already, a couple of belly dance friends have too... Anyway, I suggested a digital camera, because that is what I really want - my current camera is old and this seems like a great time to upgrade. I know that this is not what Lowell wants the most, but he let me have my way and his mother agreed to refund us the purchase price if we went out and bought it ourselves. We registered for one at Target, but found a better deal at Best Buy and an even better price at Amazon. My (excuse me, our) new camera should arrive in 3-7 business days. :) A happy and higher-megapixelled little goddess awaits...