Monday, January 22, 2007

that's love, I guess

There was a story in the news today about a woman who induced labor on Friday because she was due on Monday, and was afraid that her Chicago Bear-fanatic husband would have to miss the NFC Championship game on Sunday if she waited.  I don’t have strong feelings either way about this; I just kind of thought it was funny.  I forwarded the story onto my bestest-bud and my husband…and got extremely different responses:

Friend:  “Ugh, that’s disgusting.  I hope she enjoys the barefoot, pregnant, cooking dinner in the kitchen life.  Dumb B!tch!”

Husband: “It has been 21 years since the Bears have been to the Superbowl, and in this day and age where you can "schedule" a delivery, why not?”

I guess my first question would be:  did the woman do it because she really loves her husband and respects his passions for da Bears, or was she just afraid that he wouldn’t show up if she went into labor during the game?