Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It came from afar...

I’m eating pineapple.  Yeah, it’s definitely not local, but sometimes you just need foreign fruit.  I made myself ill eating peach crisp last week (in a good stuffed-like-its-Thanksgiving kind of way), and I spend the weekend slapping ginger-peach jam on slices of bread.  I needed a local-fruit break. J  Just a brief holiday, I swear.

So, I found a stick in the yard that the DH hadn’t got around to throwing out – yea!  A new compost bin stirrer!  J  The compost badly needed to be stirred…and it badly needs more “browns”.  It’s more than a little stinky – it’s gag-inducing bad right now.  Unfortunatley a lot of our paper waste is colored, and we don’t get the newspaper.  I’ll have to dig through the newspaper recycling bin at work for some black-and-white print…