Thursday, September 13, 2007

Putting the Happy in my Birthday

I am a very lucky girl.  I have people in my life that truly know me, or at least pretend to by paying attention to things I want. J  ML surprised me today with a wonderful gift – a Nebraska Food COOP membership!!! I’m so excited – it’ll be like having my own year-round farmer’s market.  Eggs, cheese, meat, frozen goods, etc, even in the dead of winter.  This membership is something we’ve discussed for quite a while now, but I’ve just never found the time or the extra cash to get one…but now that the farmer’s markets are closing down around town for the season, it will definitely come in handy to keep me on the local food wagon.  Thanks, ML!  J

Combined with my Film Streams membership from the DH, I’m going to be eating good and happily entertained for the next 12 months!

Tomorrow I’m taking a mental health day to take care of me and get my house in order.  It was a stressful and busy week, both at work and during extracurriculars.  I’m going to clean and organize at home, sew, maybe do some yard work, and then I’m thinking about taking myself to a movie at (where else?) Film Streams.  Naked Lunch is playing a late afternoon show – I’ve enjoyed the writings of William Burroughs, so it would be interesting to see how a director interprets them on film.  Hehe, that reminds me of the Simpson’s episode where Bart, Nelson, and Millhouse play hooky and see that movie.  To quote Nelson:  "I can think of at least two things wrong with that title”.  

Hopefully tomorrow will leave me a more rested little goddess…