Saturday, September 15, 2007

Shivering with Antici....

pation.  OK, maybe it was just the fact that it was 20 degrees cooler than we were used to. :)  ML and I started off my artificially long weekend by watching the merry freakshow that is any screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, this particular one being on the lawn of the Joslyn Art Museum.  Good times and just a few sweet transvestites, creations, and domestics.
My mental health day was not as productive as I'd liked but I did sort through my fabric collection (that took the bulk of the day) and cleaned up the house.  No gardening, no sewing. :(  I picked up my library books in the afternoon and sped downtown to catch the early screening of Naked Lunch at Film Streams.  I know that the theater is new and they are still working out the kinks, but it was kind of a cluster.  There were only 5 people in the theater - me and 2 elderly couples.  The movie was set to start at 4.  At 4:10, one of the older gentlemen went to ask IF they were going to start the movie any time soon...and we were told that they already had...on the other screen!  Fortunately, as we all rushed into the other theater, we had only missed the coming attractions and opening credits.  The movie began as soon as we were seated. 
Now I personally thought the movie was a riot, and I assumed that these two couples were familiar with Burroughs work and had seen the film before.  Guess not; as the final credits rolled, I heard one of the old women whisper: "That was the weirdest movie I've ever seen." :)