Monday, September 17, 2007

Random Bits: 1-8

I suppose I have ML to think for this one. :P  (To ML:  I’ll get you back someday…I know where you live!!!)  But I’ll play along.  So, here are the rules to this little game, along with 8 things you may or may not know about me.  I’ve tagged 8 people – some that I know well, some that I just know from kicking it around the blogosphere, and some that I don’t know at all! J

 

1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged.

 

1.  I hate secrets but I love surprises.  If you have a secret, don't even hint that fact to me.  It drives me NUTS to not know something.  BUT, I loved to be surprised...just so long as I don't know its coming - it's not a surprise if you tell me that I'm going to be surprised, people!

2.  I love reading chick lit and nonfiction, but could care less about mysteries.  I've never gotten into the whodunits, no matter how many my mother tries to pawn off on me.  I'd rather read a textbook. 

3.  I hate cars.  I don't like to drive, I don't like to be a passenger, I just hate being inside a car. I am fairly certain that I will die in a fiery crash, and I get motion sickness with the slightest swerve.  And yet I have a 30+ minute commute each day.  Tell me how THAT makes sense! :P

4.  I ONLY sing in my car.  Alone.  Don't try to get me up for karaoke, and don't expect much from me during a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday or the Star-Spangled Banner...more than likely I'm just mouthing the words.

5.  When I was 10, I won a 4-H purple ribbon in the State Fair for making strawberry jam.  It was horrible stuff - we'd doubled the recipe (a BIG no-no) and it was the consistency of thick glue and full of bubbles.  (Just to salvage my jelly-making image, I HAD previously made some quite tasty and high-quality jams and jellies, just not this particular instance).  I'm not sure why I won - I think the judges were just impressed that a 10-year-old could heat up sugar and fruit and seal it into a glass jar.  Go figure!

6.  I'm considering braces and jaw surgery.  Yes, technically I'm copying this random fact from Michelle, but it is true for me as well.  The DH and I are working out the financing so I can start next year.  I hate my teeth, and while I dread having an ugly metal mouth for the next couple of years, I think I'll be happier at the end of things.

7.  I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was, like, 7 years old.  I was scared for some reason, but too embarrassed to use training wheels.  The only reason I ever got the hang of it was because my grade-school crush rode by my house on his bike and I took off trying to impress him.  Ah, the things we do for cute boys.

8.  I hate milk.  I buy milk, true enough, (local milk of course), but you won't ever see me drinking it.  I don't think I've had more than 1/2 a glass of plain white milk since I was 6 or 7.  I'll put it in coffee, and on cereal, use it for recipes, etc, but by itself?  Never!

 

Tag, you’re it:

1 - Jon - A friend that just move far, far away.

2 - Rafal -   A friend I rarely see, even though he's still here in town.

3 - James - A friend from school and Rafal's roomie.

4 - Jen - One of Meghan's friends, but I found her blog. :)

5 - J. Morgetron - An Omaha teacher whose blog I sometimes read.

6 - P~ - An eco-blogger I keep up with...

7 - Nikki - the founder of the Wardrobe Refashion project that I'm signed up with at the moment.

8 - Aimee - A random Omaha stranger who happens to share this awesome name with me. :)