Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ecstatic...but a little sad

It had to end sometime... After a 7-year romance, I decided that the trust had left our relationship. I'm sorry Little Blue Honda Civic, if I don't feel secure with you, I just can't drive you. We've been through a lot together - countless commutes to work, trips to grandma's house, adventures with almost-too-large-for-your-doors furniture, and 4 residences. Fortunately those 7 years didn't include too many trips to the repair shop...unlike the Evil Demon Spawn Silver Mercury Sable that came before you. But alas, after replacing your battery, front axle and a oil pan gasket so far this year, and hearing (probably imagined) noises while driving at night in the country, I must say...I just don't feel safe. Safety (real or imaginary) is my number-one priority, followed closely by gas mileage... So with a little sadness, but a lot of relief, it's time to say goodbye to Little Blue Honda Civic...



And hello to Shiny New Blue Toyota Prius!



Ah, the glorious sound of no strange noises...and speakers that work! Yes, it gets great gas mileage. No, it was NOT cheap - and I am feeling a moderate amount of guilt at the amount of money we just spent when I could have (nervously) driven my car another several years with no real problems. But I am very happy - this could be the start of a beautiful friendship...

Anyone wanna buy a Honda Civic?