Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good Art and Baked Goods



A night of culture had I this fine evening. I started off by jetting from work early to catch the 4:15 screening of Chicago 10 at Film Streams. Excellent documentary with an outstanding soundtrack. To veer off on a minor tangent, this was the second film I saw at FS this week; on Monday I caught Mysterious Skin, a story of two boys who were molested by their Little League coach. It was amazing! One of those films that just makes you feel...uncomfortable. The author of the book was on hand for a Q&A - I requested one of his other books at the library...
After the credits rolled on Abby Hoffman and his friends, I headed over to the firm of Kutak Rock for a Young Art Patrons event - a tour of the beautiful building and it's amazing art collection. Oh, and some wine. Yippie. :)
After all this fun, it was time to get some work done on the homefront. I had a big bag of plums that were about to hit the downhill side of ripe; a quick search found a yummy plum bread/muffin recipe. That took care of most of the fruit. While I was at it, I decided to whip up some chocolate chip-zucchini muffins to finish off the shredded garden zucchini in the freezer. Of course, being me, I ran out of sugar and muffins papers. Fortunately, I'm married to a great guy that owes me a favor (who bought your drum sticks dear?) ;) and picked up those items for me on his way home from a long day at work. One of the many reasons why I love him! :)
Well, there's my over timer - the last round of muffins are done...goodnight, all... :)