Tuesday, August 05, 2008

the surreal world

What a strange weekend, at least in terms of being in different places with different people.  Friday night, the DH and I trekked across town (in mind-blowingly slow traffic) to see the John Butler Trio (amazing) and G Love and the Special Sauce (whoo-hoo!).  We ended up bumping into a couple we know from both the belly dance and local music scenes.  Normal enough, right?  Well, then I spied a girl I went to camp with in 7th grade!  I didn’t get a chance to talk to her, but it was weird nonetheless just seeing her. 

On Saturday, we drove across the state to my hometown for my 10 year high school reunion.  Talk about surreal.  Being in a room with a dozen or so people that you know really well, but are also complete strangers, is the ultimate in weird situations.  Being drunk helped.

Then I found myself about 12 hours later back in the studio with some Divas, dancing around, discussing costumes and zombies, and it was completely normal…  Ah, what my life has become! J